Each year we will be awarding $5,000 in Good Samaritan Grants. Grants are available up to $1,000.
To provide a source of funds for the congregation at Spring Lake Wesleyan Church to be awarded in order to help those in need. This is an opportunity for you to obtain the funds needed for an outreach project you create.
“Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.” Isaiah 58:10
In simple terms we are called to love other people. The thought may seem elementary, but its significance is life changing. As Christians we have the power to drastically change the world around us because of the love and hope that we are able to offer others out of the overflow of love and hope we already have in Christ.
God has blessed us with so many resources, spiritual gifts and talents, so why not give these blessings back to God by serving other in our community?
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
Interested? Get Started
- Complete a Grant Application. (Grants are approved/denied within 2 weeks of submission.)
- Complete a Grant Agreement after grant approval. (This will allow funds to be distributed.)
- Complete a Grant Update Form within two weeks of the project being completed, including any necessary documentation, receipts, letters, photos, or other information requested by Spring Lake Wesleyan.
Criteria for Application
- Grants will be awarded to Spring Lake Wesleyan attendees only.
Grants are for an outreach project that will benefit the community and/or residents of our community. Projects are described as a task or planned program of work that requires an amount of time, effort and planning to complete.
Whether the project is ongoing or one-time, you should be able to demonstrate how the project will have a long lasting impact.
- There should be a clear goal and a focused plan of action.
Spring Lake Wesleyan reserves the right to accept or deny any application submitted.
Spring Lake Wesleyan may request additional information in order for the grant to be approved.
If photos are submitted then they become property of Spring Lake Wesleyan, and may be used in other promotional items.
Funds are provided by the GO Fund of Spring Lake Wesleyan.
Contact EJ Wood at 616-842-9022 x304 or email@example.com with any questions.