Get involved by helping those beyond the walls of the church. No matter what your time availability or skill set, there is an opportunity to serve our community and be radically loving.
Mission for Area People (Muskegon Hgts):
For more info, contact Tana via email or 616-842-9022 ext 304.
- Help in the food and clothing pantries on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Work 2 times a month, from 1-3pm.
Barnabas Ministries (Grand Haven):
For more info, contact Michelle via email or 616-748-8435.
- Adopt a basketball team There is a team of teens at Grand Haven Central High who need to be adopted. Become their ‘fans’, bring Gatorade, make snacks. Be creative! These teens do not have a support group, and many are just pushed out of the house for the day. As a small group you can pray for them and become their "team mom". Games start the end of November and go through March.
- Teen Recovery Group Have you ever struggled with an addiction, or do you have a heart for teens that are? Volunteer weekly with a teen recovery group in Grand Haven on Mondays from 5:30-6:30pm. Barnabas Ministries is always looking for Christian adults to provide support and godly council during their meetings. May be as simple as attending the meetings and praying for those who attended.
- Pray Partner with the basket ball team or the teen mentors, and adopt them as a small group. Prayer is always needed, and much appreciated.
- Pen Pal Matching a volunteer with an incarcerated teen locked up in a juvenile detention center and writing letters to them on a weekly basis.
- Mentor Looking for Christian adults who will walk along side troubled youth and help them make right choices in their daily lives. They are positive role models for youth, keeping them accountable and helping them realize their potential. They all genuinely care about high-risk youth and are focused on their success.
- Office Volunteer We have a need for regular and occasional volunteers to help with administrative tasks such as: bulk mailings, data, computer, web and network maintenance, custodial care and event organization.
Center for Women in Transition (Grand Haven):
For more info, check www.aplaceforwomen.org/volunteer or contact Sherry Martens 616-494-1747.
- child care
- crisis line volunteers
- sexual assault advocate
- helping with maintenance
- office care
- Wardrobe for Work clothing closet
- helter volunteer
Volunteer as a small group
- Make dinner, desserts, or baking cookies for the shelter residents.
- Decorate a shelter house for the holidays.
- Help with outdoor yard work.
- Help with large mailings.
Hospice of North Ottawa Community (Grand Haven):
For more information, contact Kristyn Ireland 616-847-5215. Training required.
- Caregiver Respite Providers
- Office Work
- Hospitality Volunteers
- Hospice House Volunteers
- Certified Massage Therapists
- Men and Women for Companionship Visits
- Licensed Cosmetologists
North Ottawa County Council on Aging (Grand Haven):
For more info and to fill out their volunteer application please go to www.noccoa.org/volunteer
Volunteer as a:
- telephone reassurance
- aarp tax preparer
- cultural arts event specialist
- Help with fall clean up at individual homes and at various Love Inc properties
- There are 9 different nursing homes that Love Inc provides a Sunday morning church service for each Sunday. You can adopt a Sunday Service and provide music and a teaching for the morning. This is a great way to bring God’s word and love to those who are unable to attend church themselves.
- Computer Ministry Volunteers If you have experience working with computers your talents can be used to help get donated computers ready for clients to have for school or home.
- Ebayer Help put excess donations on Ebay for sale.
- Free Health Clinic Volunteers looking for additional doctors, nurse practitioners, social works and physical therapists willing to give their time in meeting the needs of the uninsured. Open on Thursday nights and volunteer from 5pm-8pm.
- Main Office Volunteers
- Receptionist Volunteer for ½ shift per week. Shifts run M-F from 8:30am-12:30 and 12:30-5pm. There are also evening shifts from 5-8pm and a Saturday shift from 8:30-12pm.
- Cleaning Crew
- Prayer Warriors
- The General Store
- The Laundry Hub
- The Transportation Ministry
Lakeshore Pregnancy Center (Grand Haven)
Contact Sherry Hoppan for more info at 616-396-5840 ext 25 or email@example.com
- Client Advocate Work with clients as a crisis counselor. Training classes held.
- Men's Advocate Volunteer as a Male Client Advocate in the new Men's Ministry program.
- Receptionist Volunteer to answer phones and greet clients.
- Other Needs Do you like to cook or bake? Volunteer to provide light snacks at a training class. Called to clean? Volunteer to do some routine cleaning once or twice a month.
Local Agencies: Please email Tana with volunteer opportunities at your agency at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Spring Lake Wesleyan Church, Attn: Tana Anderson, 15550 Cleveland St, Spring Lake, MI 49456.